The latest government support for businesses forced to close due to covid is being paid out by Torbay council. Their website is now updated with the latest info: https://www.torbay.gov.uk/health-and-wellbeing/public-health/coronavirus/advice-and-support-for-businesses/businesses-financial-support/
- Businesses which received a grant payment for the November lockdown will AUTOMATICALLY now receive two grants: a Tier 3 grant for Dec 31st to Feb 20th, and the additional one-off Lockdown grant recently announced by the government.
- The Tier 3 grants are £1334 per 28 days for businesses with a rateable value under £15k, more for bigger premises.
- The additional lockdown grant is £4000 for businesses with a rateable value under £15k, more for bigger premises.
- In both cases we believe you should get one grant per premises, not per business.
- If you have an eligible business but didn’t get your grant in November, you’ll need to make an application – see the council web page for information.
- Businesses which did not receive a grant in November, but have been adversely affected by covid this winter, can apply for a discretionary grant. Check the council web page for details.
- Wet-led pubs have access to an additional £1000 grant, again check the council web page